Tuesday 23 July 2013

Villainess Soaps - Dulces En Fuego Smooch!

Villainess logo

I think we all know by now that I take my facial skincare seriously! My product regiment can be quite lengthy but I make it a priority to cover all my grounds and there are even a few fun extras thrown in for good measure.

Exfoliating is probably my favorite process and I have been using both chemical and physical formulations for years. Experimenting with different brands has given me so much valuable experience which means that now I know exactly what to look for when it comes to formulation, ingredients and expectations. I could pretty much teach a class on "successful ways to scrub your face"!

My knowledge and enthusiasm depletes significantly when it comes to body care and body scrubs. I believe that the main reason for my disinterest lays in the fact that I haven't found a body scrub formula or brand that I can really get excited about. Pampering in general is second nature to a girly-girl like me and even though I love the soft and silky results that come from exfoliation, I have always found body scrubs hard and tedious to work with. Most of the body exfoliators I tested were either insufficient, greasy, messy or too harsh on my skin. Faulty features like that diminish the entire pampering experience so more often then not I skip the body exfoliator and use my Salux mesh instead.

The world of Princeza approved body scrubs is obviously very small but there is an exciting new entry that i want to present - Villainess Soaps Dulces En Fuego Smooch!  I have already discussed this brand before where I introduced you to the Villainess Soaps Dulces En Fuego Whipped Body Cream, which I loved as well.

Official Smooch! Description;
Villainess Soaps
We start with a carefully balanced blend of feather-light (yet vitamin-rich) grapeseed oil, and an exotic vegetable butter - mango, unrefined shea, or black cocoa, coconut oil to melt at skin temperature, and lashings of cherry kernel oil. And then we add the good stuff; raw sugars or sea salts to exfoliate without any rough edges to abrade your gorgeous skin, crushed botanicals or bright ticklish jojoba beads to gently slough off dead skin cells.

Distinguishing Features;
Releases a rush of warmth on impact to open pores and soothe skin. Raw chocolate and a smattering of spices for added deliciousness

Scent Description;
Musky bitter chocolate sweetened with vanilla and touches of citrus then positively inflamed with black pepper and nutmeg.


Ingredients;
Crystalline Aluminosilicate (Zeolite), Sucrose (Sugar), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Polysorbate 60, Prunus (Cherry) Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Fragrance, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Nibs, Cinnamomum Cassia (Cinnamon) Bark Powder, Piper Nigrum (Black Pepper) Powder

I was very surprised to find just how much I loved the formula of the Dulces En Fuego Smooch! scrub. I already knew that I loved the fragrance but I was hoping to appreciate the exfoliation factor and the results on my skin. I am happy to say that I have found my new "holy grail" in the body care department.
Villainess Soaps Dulces En Fuego Smooch!

The Villainess Soaps Dulces En Fuego Smooch! formula is a hybrid of luxurious creaminess and just enough grit to properly smooth out my skin without irritation or greasy residue. Initially I thought that the lack of bigger "scrubbers" in the jar would mean that this wouldn't be effective enough but that was because the exfoliation of the Smooch! formula works differently than the traditional scrubs. 

When you first apply it on the skin, the first thing you feel is a sudden release of warmth spreading on the surface, which only lasts a few seconds before beginning to emulsify into a milky lotion that strips debris and dead skin cells. The Smooch! is water activated, it melts into the skin fairly quickly and spreads very easily everywhere so this is a perfect exfoliators for busy girly-girls like me. 

The scent is on the strong side so make sure that you like the fragrance you choose but that wont be hard since Villainess Soaps has so many unique, excellent choices on their website.

All Villainess Soap products are preservative free so once opened their products need to be used within 30 days of jar opening to prevent bacterial contamination and waste. That may sound like a negative feature but since the exfoliation is on the mild side you can use the Smooch! more often than conventional scrubs and the formulation is so good that you will want to use it as often as you can.
I wanted to use my Smooch! every day and I suspect you will too!

Villainess Soap Smooch! ($10.50 for 7 oz) and all their other products are available for purchase and more information directly on their website.
I am warning you - an innocent visit can easily end up being a huge haul very quickly!


Have you tried Villaines Soap products? Whats your favorite body scrub?

XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Do you know if they maake any plugins to protect agaiunst hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoi about losing eveerything I've worked hard on. Any suggestions?


    Also visitt my web site m88

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward for more smooch posts like this one.
    luton meet and greet parking

    ReplyDelete