Thursday 18 July 2013

Review - Antipodes Divine Face Oil (Organic Avocado Oil & Rosehip)

Antipodes logo

As a skin care enthusiast there is nothing I love more than discovering a new brand whose philosophy, origins, products and ingredients I can genuinely connect with. The beauty market is saturated by great brands that are thriving to be "clean" and closer to nature with every aspect of the products they put out. Chemical-based skincare might be completely on its way out, especially if brands like Antipodes continue creating potent natural formulas that provide the results we are all looking for but in a "safer" way. It feels good using holistic-natural skincare products whose ingredient list doesnt require an Organic Chemistry degree to decipher. 
Antipodes is definitively a front-runner when it comes to natural skincare and I for one am smitten with more than a few of their formulas. The Divine Face Oil is definitively my favorite and I cant rave about it enough! 

Official Description;
Give a lift to tired, stressed and sun-damaged skin with this nutrient-rich face oil that helps to deliver antioxidants and essential nourishment for fresh, healthy skin. Superior collagen-boosting action of avocado oil helps reduce the appearance of lines, age spots and scars. Perfect as an essential daily nutrient treatment for skin. 

Directions for Use;
Apply in gentle upward strokes to your face and neck. Pay loving attention to blemishes, lines, sun damage and scars. Use prior to your moisturizer and makeup.
Antipodes Divine Face Oil (Organic Avocado Oil & Rosehip)


Ingredients;
Persea gratissima (avocado oil)*, Macadamia ternifolia (macadamia oil)*, Buxus chinensis (jojoba oil)*, Rosa canina (rosehip oil)*, Canaga odorata (ylang ylang oil), Amyris balsamifera (torchwood), Santalum album (sandalwood oil), Jasminum officinale (jasmine oil), Citrus sinensis (orange oil), Tocopherol acetate (vitamin e), Benzyl benzoate+, Benzyl salicylate+, Citronellol+, D-limonene+, Farnesol+, Geraniol+, Isoeugenol+, Linalool+.


*100% of total ingredients from natural origin.
*95% of total ingredients from organic cultivation.


The Antipodes Divine Face Oil (Organic Avocado Oil & Rosehip) is basically a unique blend of oils like avocado, macadamia and rose-hips, meant to re-hydrate, boost, brighten, nourish and regenerate your complexion almost overnight. On top of that the avocado oil is known for its superior collagen-boosting properties (by 51%) so it packs a strong anti-aging streak as well. This oil combination renews the natural fatty acids found in everyone's skin so in theory regular use should lead to a re-balancing phenomenon, allowing your skin to go back to its full potential. 

The Divine Oil texture is light and silky so I can see this working for all skin types but those fighting pesky dry patches will benefit the most. With only a few drops I can literally feel the re-hydration of my skin each time I use it and unlike other facial oils I abandoned, this "potion" does not leave me greasy or shiny one bit. The scent is more herbal than flowery and dissipates quickly so those sensitive to fragrances would still be able to use this with ease. 

Antipodes Divine Face Oil (Organic Avocado Oil & Rosehip)I am using the Divine Face Oil primarily in the evenings on its own or mixed in with my night cream when my skin feels particularly dehydrated or parched. Its absorbed into the skin fairly quickly but it does give you enough time to enjoy a facial massage as well. The healing signs are visible the very next morning and I cant argue with results like that. 

My final conclusion is extremely positive and I am on a mission to tell everyone about it! Some people are not very "keen" on using oils on their face but the benefits are so magnificent that if you don't try it - you are really are missing out. Give Antipodes oils a try - I am sure you wont regret it!

The price ($33.00 for 30 ml) is more than fair for such a luxe, natural product and since you are literally using a few drops at a time, this little green bottle will last a very long time :-)

All Antipodes products can be purchased directly from their website here or Feelunique here


Have you tried Antipodes yet? What is your favorite facial oil?


XOXO 

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-) 


2 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Antpodes Night Cream

    ReplyDelete