Wednesday 31 July 2013

Eye Cream Series - La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Eyes

la roche posay logo

I am back with yet another installment of the Eye Cream Series and this time I want to feature a brand, almost all of us know and love. I discovered it very recently once I overcame my overwhelming confusion when faced with their medical apothecary look and impossible to pronounce product names (at least for me). For years I was intimidated by the daunting task of deciphering their ingredient lists, description code and in some cases even functionality. The bottles and white boxes looked the same to me and I didnt trust the beauty associates and their skincare knowledge at my local Shoppers Drug Mart location, so in turn I literally avoided that section entirely.

Luckily today La Roche Posay and me are great friends and I am yet to come across a product that deserves any negativity or questioning. This skincare brand means business and delivers results without any unnecessary fluff, fancy advertising campaigns or celebrity sponsors for that matter. I love that their focus is firmly centered around performance and product quality instead of hype and brand competition. I really wish I had explored their selection sooner because I am sure their products would have saved me a lot of grief, disappointment and money when it came to taking care of my skin.

The Hydraphase Intense Eyes formula is no exception to their high standards and it really is a high performance eye cream that is more than welcome in my beauty arsenal.

La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense
Description;
Tight Cellular Junctions Technology: Hyaluronic Acid Fragments ensure epidermal cohesion to infuse and lock water in for ultra long-lasting hydration. 
Intensive rehydration to smooth eyes dehydrated fine lines.
Decongesting caffeine for anti-puffiness action.

How to use;
1. Apply a small amount of cream with a light, dabbing motion to the eye area. 
2. Gently massage cream into the eye area. Repeat until product is fully absorbed into the skin. 
3. To reduce puffiness, continue to massage the lower eyelid, from the inner to the outer corner. Finish by applying light pressure to your temples to activate lymphatic circulation. 
4. To smooth dehydrated fine lines, perform a series of light tapping motions around the eyes.

Ingredients;
Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Carbomer, Glycinesoja Protein/Soybean Protein, Caffeine, Isohexadecane, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium, Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.
la roche posay hydraphase texture

I expected the texture of the Hydraphase Intense Eyes to be very creamy and heavy because its primary purpose is re-hydration and sealing moisture around the delicate eye area but instead upon opening I was greeted with a slightly blue, translucent gel-like cream that seemed way too light to accomplish what it promised on the packaging. I shouldn't have worried because this eye cream delivers a very powerful hydration kick all by itself and actually cools, soothes and calms the dry skin around my eyes without feeling greasy or heavy at all. Since I am all about instant gratification this feature really appealed to me right away.

The silicone-like feel can be a great primer for your under-eye concealer, especially when you consider the fact that the Hydraphase Intense Eye fills is the hydration ridges and plumps up the skin upon application, which in turn allows your concealer to glide on effortlessly. However if you apply too much of either product flaking may occur so some experimentation is definitively in order before trialing this on a busy morning when you cant afford to make any makeup mistakes.

I think anyone looking for a hydration would really appreciate the Hydraphase line but what makes the Intense Eye stand out is its intensity when dealing with "special circumstance" dryness and irritation. You will appreciate its "powers" at a completely different level if treating severe dryness and actual flaking in the eye area. It solves and soothes the problem in a few days and in the meantime the instant hydration makes the issue a lot more comfortable.

That  is what makes this a treatment eye cream and its the main reason it made its way into the Eye Cream Series. 


For more information about the La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Eye and any of their other product please visit their website and for purchasing visit your local Shoppers Drug Mart location. You can also order La Roche Posay products online at Escentuals.com  here

I hope that was helpful to someone!

Have you tried La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Eye? What is your favorite eye cream?


XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-) 


2 comments:

  1. What makeup essentials do you carry? Here's our pick for an everyday look! Shop online here.

    ReplyDelete