Tuesday 2 July 2013

Caudalie Beauty Elixir - Honest Review

Caudalie Beauty Elixir has been making a regular appearance in the blogosphere for some time now and even though I have had a bottle of this for ages I just never got around to properly testing it. Until now that is!

Caudalie Eau De Beaute Beauty Elixir



What it is:
Part-toner, part-serum mist of essential oils and plant active ingredients.

What it is formulated to do:
Smooths the skin, tightens the pores, and provides an instant burst of radiance, as it stimulates microcirculation.


Ingredients;
Aqua (Water), Alcohol*, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water*, Parfum (Fragrance)*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil*, Potassium Alum, Glycerin*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Styrax Tonkinensis Resin Extract*, Commiphora Myrrha Resin Extract*, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil*, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract*, Tocopherol*, Citral*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Farnesol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Eugenol*.


This hybrid of a toner and a treatment has all the earmarks of a multi-tasker, which is a feature  I always love and take into account when purchasing. I use this as a refresher spray during the day, quick toner when my skin is feeling congested and as a last step in makeup application to seal & set everything in. 
The formula contains orange blossom, rose, organic balm mint, rosemary and Caudalie's star ingredient grape water, and it promises to smooth & tighten pores, refresh & soothe your skin and provide a burst of complexion radiance. It comes in various sizes (30-100 ml) which I appreciate and the spray nozzle on the bottle is one of the best I have ever tried. A little feature like that is surprisingly important when it comes to facial sprays. 

It should be noted that this does have somewhat of a heavy fragrance so those sensitive to scents really need to consider this before purchasing. Personally I really enjoy the refreshing minty mist and I find that's actually a huge part of the appeal of the elixir itself. Putting it in the fridge only intensifies this effect and feels amazing on hot summer days. I will definitively be sneaking this into the cool beach coolers for a refreshing pick me up during the upcoming hot days. Those with really dry skin will not appreciate the high alcohol content as it may contribute to further dry-out. For that reason I would definitively not use this as a primary toner after cleansing.

Some would argue that this product doesn't deserve all the hype and praise it achieved and I would have to agree with that but only partially. The Caudalie Beauty Elixir is indeed a joy to use (for me) and I will most likely repurchase once my current bottle is finished but at the same time I can't exactly support the miraculous claims others have experienced. The only significant effect I noticed is that it does seem to calm my skin if I am feeling particularly congested but then again even that is kind of an abstract phenomenon which may or may not be owed solely to the elixir itself. 

My conclusion for Caudalie's Beauty Elixir remains a bit mixed at this point so I would recommend it only as an "extra" indulgence if you enjoy it but its definitively not an essential step in my beauty routine. 

You can get more information and purchase Caudalie's products from their own site or at our trusty Sephora here! 

I hope someone finds this honest review helpful!

Have you tried the Caudalie Beauty Elixir? Did it work out for you?

XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment