Wednesday 17 July 2013

Updated Review - La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Balm

La Roche Posay Cicaplast

*Its been brought to my attention that this product is launching in Canada on August 21. Check out the La Roche Posay Canadian Facebook page for more information! 

If you've been reading this blog for a while then you already know just how much I appreciate multi-tasking products, and especially if their formulation delivers everything it promises. 

La Roche Posay is a french pharmacy skincare brand whose products and old-time apothecary allure have been un-acknowledged by me until just recently. It was just that "drug-store" image and intimidating chemistry names that kept me away in the first place. Just walking down their aisle overwhelmed me and since i didnt trust the beauty-consultants at our local pharmacy I wasn't sure what's what and I didnt want to make the wrong choice and end up with a rash. Every single bottle looked the same to me so the room for error was huge. 

As my skincare obsession deepened I started to explore brands I normally overlooked so dabbling in La Roche Posay products was bound to happen sooner or later. If the products I tried so far are any indication, I shouldn't have waited so long.  

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 is a multi-purpose, soothing, repairing balm designed to treat various skin irritations in adults, children and even babies. It can be used anywhere on your body, face and lips and is suitable for even the most sensitive skins. Like other La Roche Posay products, the Cicaplast is fragrance-free, paraben-free, non-comedogenic, lanolin-free and white-mark free. The Sensitive Skin Care Club members can rejoice!


Description;
This soothing multi-repairing balm favors the recovery for sensitive skin after irritative dermatitis and epidermic alterations thanks to its formula associating Panthenol 5% with Madecassoside with a highly-cosmetic texture. Suitable for the entire family: babies, children and adults.

Directions for use;
Apply twice daily to pre-washed and dried skin. Can be applied in a generous layer. Can be applied to body, face and lips. Avoid the eye contour area.

Ingredients;
Aqua/Water, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Butyrospermum parkii butter (shea butter), panthenol, butylene glycol, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, propanediol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/2 dimethicone, tristearin, zinc gluconate, madecassoside, manganese gluconate, magnesium sulfate, disodium edta, copper gluconate, acetylated glycol stearate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, chlorhexidine digluconate, CI 77891 / titanium dioxide 

The La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 is not an everyday product for me but when its needed it really does have superhero powers. Whenever things go wrong - sunburn, over-exfoliation, dry pathches, facials gone wrong, shaving mishaps, eczema, chaffing or even the odd mystery rash, Cicaplast treats and soothes them all. A few applications of this multi-wonder and any "bo-boo" is on the mend very fast.
I like to refer to it as "a triple threat" formula because first its soothes & comforts the skin, then protects the area by creating a barrier with its anti-bacterial properties and finally aids natural skin recovery through its mineral complex.

As someone who is always looking for the newest it product for my skin, sometimes things get out of hand and I end up with a skincare emergency that needs to be fixed quickly and it is then that the Cicaplast really shines. I tend to exfoliate regularly but if I go overboard my skin can turn red, blotchy and then flaky dry. One application of the Baume B5 overnight makes my skin presentable again.
The pesky dry patches we all get around the nose area when a cold strikes are no match for the Cicaplast Baume B5! The multi-purpose of this formula is really endless! I suspect that those with severely dry skin can use this balmy goodness as a primary moisturizer or primer as well!

What I love most about the Cicaplast Baume B5 is the texture itself! Most of the multi-tasking balms have a very heavy-oily-balmy consistency that makes it hard to work with but the La Roche Posay new formula is light, silky and creamy like a regular moisturizer. Don't underestimate the hydration factor - its very potent and concentrated, despite the feel on the skin so start off with a light layer first and add more as needed!

I don't consider the La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 to be strictly a beauty product because its versatility crosses those boundaries easily and I would even venture so far to call it a medical aid.

It would fit in the medicinal cabinet just as nicely as it would in a makeup bag

La Roche Posay's products can be found at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada but selection of products varies from store to store.


Have you tried any La Roche Posay products? Whats your favorite multi-tasker?


XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-) 

11 comments: