Saturday 13 July 2013

The Camping Beauty - A Guide for All High Maintenance Girls


There is no hiding or faking it - I am a high maintenance girl! I try to pretend and  act aloof when confronted by this fact but no more - I admit it, embrace it and honor it!
It might not be cool or popular to proclaim but it's the real me so I have decided to make the best of it and be proud of it for once. I have finally made peace with the fact that I will always over pack, I will always have 12 lip glosses in my purse, I will always enjoy a 12 step skincare routine and I will never-ever be the outdoorsy girl that looks perfect in 5 minutes. Never gonna happen!

Despite being the quintessential girly-girl and loving everything that comes along with that label, I will admit that there are times and circumstances when my "maintenance factor" can become a little cumbersome. Camping is one of those situations! The world came up with "glam ping" because if people like me! 
I might be the "princess type" but I am also the "adaptable type" as well so getting ready and figuring out how to improve the quality of my existence even during camping is something I take quite seriously.
Here are some of the essentials that will make any girl feel better out there in the "wild"!

1. Wipes!!! Lots of lots of wipes! 
There is nothing worse for a girly girl (or anyone really?) than that dirty feeling. When running water or pristine sinks are not available then the next best thing are cleansing wipes. Luckily for us today there are many good quality wipes available now, targeting everything from your face to your underarms.
My choice is L.A. Fresh and Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Wipes 

2. Micellar Cleansing Water
It doesn't matter where I am I will always need and want to wash my face. While I would never use micellar water as a primary cleanser i find it works miracles for camping weekends when I am not wearing much makeup. I do, however make sure my choice is an excellent one with a tried & tested formula and good ingredients.
My top pics are usually Caudalie and Vichy 

3. High Quality Sunscreen for Face & Body
This one is pretty self-explanatory and should not apply to high maintenance girls. Sun protection is important for everyone and that includes the boys!
I love the Supergoop Sunscreen

4. Multi-Tasking Balms
As much as I want to bring my entire beauty cabinet with me, I am reasonable enough to realize that in reality that wouldn't fare so well. However being me I have found a way to circumvent that restriction by bringing products that have multi-uses but don't skimp on the pampering factor. A good balm will perform several functions, eliminate the spill disasters and save room in my luggage for other "necessities".
My top choices are Emma Hardie Moringa Balm and Rodial Glam Balm 

5. Multi-Tasking Cosmetics
Even though camping is certainly not the place to showcase a smoky glamorous eye, that doesn't mean you need to leave your entire makeup bag at home. Multi-tasking cosmetics can create a natural, polished look quickly and do wonders for your confidence. Look for quality BB creams (tind+moisture+spf), colour balm (lip & cheek tint) and clear mascara (lashes & brows)!
My top picks are: By Terry Baume de Rose, Givenchy Hydra-Sparkling Lip & Cheek Balm, REN BB Cream, Cover Girl Clear Lash and NARS Multiples. 

6. Facial Spray
This isn't practical at all and it's definitively a frills item but its something I almost always have in my purse. Put it in a cooler for an extra refreshing feeling!
My choice right now is Caudalie Beauty Elixir!

7. Sheet Masks 
This is an item for only the highest brand of girly girls who are prepared for all kinds of teasing and weird looks from camping companions. It takes 10 minutes, it's cool & refreshing, there is no clean up or mess to worry about and your skin will be extra blowy by the campfire.
Check out My Beauty Diary for skin-loving choices!

8. Dry Shampoo! 
A ponytail is only going to keep your greasy roots hidden for so long before the yucky feeling becomes unbearable! Dry Shampoo will keep extend the time you can stand yourself by at least a day!
My pick is the Cake Beauty Satin Sugar because it works great and smells good enough to eat!

This list can go on and on! Camping will never be my first choice but with some beauty loot I am bound to be more comfortable and have an amazing time!

What are your outdoor beauty essentials?

XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment