Wednesday 24 July 2013

Caudalie Divine Oil is Divine Indeed

caudalie logo

Couple of years ago I absolutely hated any kind of oil treatments, regardless of what their purpose or function was. I was convinced that using them anywhere on my body would leave me greasy, uncomfortable, dirty or even worse acne-prone. 
Fast forward to the present and my shelves are practically overflowing with various oil products meant to moisturize, heal or even enhance every part of my body. Everything I used to think about oils has now been proven wrong. 

I have noticed that my favorite oils have a few things in common with each other and there are several guidelines I tend to follow when I make my selection. 
The properties I look are moisturization, absorption speed, longevity, short ingredient list and fragrance. While I can appreciate fragrance-free formulas if an oil has a fragrance I love then that's the one that holds preference. 

One of my favorite dry oils comes from Caudalie, a brand I am very familiar with and whose products are used regularly in our household. Caudalie Divine Oil is one of their most recent releases and it very well be my favorite Caudalie product to date. 


Official Description;
Caudalie Divine OilDiscover the benefits of this versatile oil from head to toe, using it to nourish hair, nails, skin, or enhance baths and massages. The unique alchemy of four natural oils—grape oil, extra-virgin argan oil, extra-virgin hibiscus oil, and sesame oil—engage closely with the skin to ensure that the benefits are truly complete. 
The subtle fragrance will make you swoon as it caresses your skin. Lush with rose, a burst of grapefruit, and spicy pink pepper, this fresh fragrance rounds and warms with cedar, vanilla, and white musk. The composition is modern and infinitely desirable.

Ingredients;
Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Isoamyl Cocoate, Coco-Caprylate, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Tocopherol, Ethylhexyl Salicylate (Octisalate), Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Citric Acid, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

Caudalie Divine Oil
Caudalie products are all formulated and created based on their own patented Vinotherapie discovery, which showcases  the power of grape seed antioxidants better known as Polyphenols.

The Caudalie Divine Oil features a unique combination of nourishing grape oil, extra virgin Argan oil, sesame oil and the all-important polyphenols. The formula is said to rejuvenate, nourish, soften, moisturize, protect against free radicals and in time restore skin's own lipid balance. It all sounds very impressive and even though I can't vouch for all of their scientific claims, I can tell you that it makes my skin and feel amazing. 

I believe that the majority of consumers use body oils like this one more during the summer months. That makes a lot of sense when you consider that the oil sheen makes tanned skin look amazing and summers are no time to be using heavy body butters that take forever to dry. Personally I now use oils year-round and during the winter months I have beer known to spike my usual lotion with oil for some extra hydration. 
Caudalie Divine Oil
Caudalie Divine Oil comes with a spray pump which makes application and distribution even more goof-proof. Since this is actually a dry oil it sinks in very fast and leaves no grease behind, making it usable (sparingly) for hair as well. The fragrance of the Divine Oil is very summery and beach-like, reminding me a lot to a similar product made by another French skincare company, Nuxe. 
I use and love both almost equally!

My final verdict on this product is obviously very positive and I can see myself using and repurchasing the Divine Oil for a long time. Caudalie prices can be a little high and this product is no exception ($48 for 100ml) but if you are in a pampering mood or need more moisture then this oil is an excellent choice!

Caudalie Divine Oil and the rest of their products can be found directly on their website  or Sephora (instore/online)

Have you tried the Divine Oil? Do you have a favorite dry oil? 

XOXO

ANJA


1 comment: