Wednesday 31 July 2013

Beauty Shoppers Remorse Blues


We have all been there! New products are released, the buzz spreads through the blogosphere and somewhere in between, you end up being convinced that you need the object of all that attention because somehow you just know that it will be perfect for you. Don't ask me how that makes sense - someone with no impulse control like me can justify just about anything at that point. 

However every once in a while I am knocked back into reality and realize that my coveted, must-have product is actually an "epic fail" for me and is now most likely going to be designated to a solitary drawer to live out its sentence. 
Please keep in mind that theseproducts didn't   work for me but probably preform amazingly for someone else. After all it's because everyone seemed to love it that I ended up getting it in the first place. In fact i know some of these are holy grails for a lot of you but unfortunatelythat doesn't   change the fact that for me for whatever reason these ended up being beauty duds. 

Some of these simply didn't work on me, some caused beauty harm, while others just left me confused and thinking I might have understood something completely different in the item description in the fist place. 

Enter Beauty Shoppers Remorse Blues! 

                                                                            Revlon Lip Butters


Revlon Lip Butter Ad
These lip butters were all the rage last year and it seemed like people were tripping over themselves to buy the entire collection with bonus limited edition shades.
I got four of what I thought were suitable, flattering shades for my skin tone and looked forward to subtle tints plus moisture. What I got was nice colour but texture and gritty feeling on the lips were a complete turn off and something I just couldn't get past. The L'Oreal Riche Balms were a much better choice for me (review here)



                                                      Proactiv Skincare 


Proactiv skincare
This particular set confused me completely and might be single-handedly responsible  for my anti-infomercial bias. 
Proactiv worked for me for about 2 months and then somehow all hell broke loose, with my chin being a heavy casualty. 


Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush 

Maybelline Dream Bouncy BlushI wanted to love these so much! They are simply adorable and remind me of childhood silly putty which was probably one of the reasons why the blush didn't work. I was even very creative and persistent in my attempts to figure it out but regardless of the application method the Bouncy Blush just wouldn't blend in and what's even worse, it caked and ruined whatever I had underneath.
Too bad, so sad Maybelline!


Maybelline great lash                                                                          
 Maybelline Great Lash Mascara (pink tube) 

This mascara has been the "it" makeup item for years among beauty bloggers, gurus and makeup artists. On me this smudged extremely badly and the "wet" formulation never dried, making my eyes droopy and heavy. 
I don't get the appeal unless of course I received a defective tube and everyone else used the "real thing" 

Kieh'ls Abyssine Cream


Kiehl's Abyssine Face Cream

A while back when Kiehl's first launched this cream, it was said to be the ultimate anti-aging weapon with superior moisturizing properties. 
It broke me out badly, after just 2-3 days of use. Talk about disappointment! 



                                                       Organixs Coconut Milk Conditionder 
Organix coconut conditioner

This has got to be the worst conditioner I have ever come across! In fact it seems to do the opposite of what it promises because my hair is always drier after conditioning it with this "conditioner". It's a double disappointment since i really loved the scent of coconuts in the formulation but that doesn't make up for such low performance


These are only some of the products that caused my Beauty Shoppers Remorse and since its highly unlikely that i will stop indulging my beauty palate,  more products will be added very soon. 


What are some of your beauty regrets? What do you think of my choices? 


Thank you for reading 


XOXO 


ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months of
    hard work due to no backup. Do you have any solutions to
    protect against hackers?

    My homepage - arthritis symptoms

    ReplyDelete