Monday 15 July 2013

Review - L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur Instant Skin Smoother Finishing Cream SPF 30

L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur


I might be a beauty blogger and despite my extensive experience when it comes to cosmetic meddling, there are some products that genuinely confuse me. It's obvious that not everything is going to work on or with everyone but I expect to at least understand what a product does or how it's suppose to preform. 

The L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur was a mysterious enigma for me and it still is in a lot of ways. Granted L'Oreal went through a lot of lengths to attempt an explanation with advertorials, tutorial-style videos and a heavy promotion campaign but I couldn't help but find the whole thing perplexing.
Adding to my confusion was the fact that even the blogosphere couldn't quite agree on what exactly this is! Moisturizer? Primer? Sunscreen? Makeup-Setting Agent? 


L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur


This is what  L'Oreal says about it;

It's Not a Moisturizer.  It's Not a Foundation.  It's More Than a Primer:Introducing Miracle Blur, the first-of-its-kind instant skin smoothing finishing cream.  Miracle Blur was specially formulated with a distinctive cushiony texture that instantly blurs lines, wrinkles, pores and uneven texture.  This unique finishing cream blends seamlessly into skin so it instantly looks and feels smooth, leaving a velvet-soft matte finish.  A finishing cream in the truest sense, Revitalift Miracle Blur should be the final step in every woman's skincare routine, applied after moisturizer.  It can also be worn under foundation for smoother, more even application and wear.

Why is it Different?
Revitalift is the first finishing cream that delivers instant results.  Opti-Blur Technology diffuses light on skin for a soft-focus effect that instantly smoothes lines and wrinkles, hides pores and minimizes little flaws and imperfections.  In 4 weeks, wrinkles, lines and pores appear minimized.  Skin texture appears smoother.
Ingredients;

Active: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 5%, Oxybenzone 6%. Inactive: Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Talc, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Silica, Silica Silylate, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Water.


My first impression of this reminded me of a similar product, Nanoblur by Indeed Laboratories (makers of Hydraluron), due to the texture and silicon-like feel on the skin. The only difference between the two is that the L'Oreal version is a bit thicker and therefore harder to work with. 
As a primer the Miracle Blur didn't preform very well but mostly because it made foundation application a lot more difficult and patchy. Mineral foundation fared better but I still wasn't comfortable. The thickness of the "balm" felt very heavy and waxy on the skin surface no matter how little I used. 
When I tried patting this on top of my foundation (liquid & mineral) the end result was me washing my face and starting over! 
Definitively not a good look for anyone!

I was so disappointed and frustrated with  L'Oreal Miracle Blur, that I put it aside and hoped it would just disappear into my "dead cosmetics" cabinet!

L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur

I rediscovered it again about a month ago and decided to give it one more chance to wow me! 
This time around I wore it on its own as a sunscreen - moisturizer combo with no foundation at all. Once again the texture turned me off but I patted it on lightly and went about my day! It does take a while for the blur balm to adjust and become part of your skin so don't give up right away. It took about 25-30 minutes for me to forget I had it on!

The results were incredible! Miracle Blur really does "blur" or "lightly airbrush" the complexion and I noticed a definite difference in my pores. There is no tint of course so this will not cover anything like a concealer but it will "settle" everything for some extra polish. I don't have any visible wrinkles or lines so I can't vouch for the "filling" factor but since it successfully blurs even larger pores I can definitively see it helping. 


My conclusion for the L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur started out negatively but I have changed my mind completely. It didnt work for me with foundation but on its own it worked great for that weekend natural look. I love that it has sunscreen built in (SPF 30) so it's perfect for those outdoorsy weekends!

I would definitively recommend giving it a chance and at least experiment with it to see what it will do on your skin! 
You might be surprised - I know I was!

L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur and the rest of their products can be found at most drugstores! I found mine at Shoppers Drug Mart!


Have you tried L'Oreal Miracle Blur?


XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-) 




No comments:

Post a Comment