Wednesday 31 July 2013

Review - Haus of Gloi Handmade Soap in Vice


I am no fan of solid bars of soap and i honestly don't remember the last time I used them without feeling "unclean" or at least un-rinsed if you know what I mean. No matter what brand I tried and regardless of their "no-residue" promises I always felt like my skin was either coated, irritated or dried out once i was out of the shower. The brick like shape was sadly too masculine for my girly ways too (i know, ridiculous!). For that reason I haven't really explored this new world of hand-made soaps, which are suppose to be gentler, moisturizing and made with natural ingredients, spiked with natural oils. I am very set in my ways when it comes to certain beauty habits.

If there ever was a company that had a chance to get me to explore the "soap world" then it would have to be Haus of Gloi. I absolutely love everything about them and the things they make (just check out the rest of my Haus of Gloi reviews here!) so it wasn't long till I stumbled upon their handmade soap section and got seduced once again.

Haus of Gloi soapSince I have been eager to try some more of their fragrance options the Vice Handmade Soap description was just too irresistible for my weak little mind.

Fragrance;
Steam billows rolling off a vessel of fresh made Turkish coffee, marshmallow goo tainted by graham cracker crumbs, toasted hazelnuts and blanketed in black chocolate

Ingredients;
Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, olea europaea (olive) fruit Oil, (organic and sustainably harvested) elaeis guineensis (palm) oil, water, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), sodium hydroxide, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, fragrance and essential oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, coconut milk, titanium dioxide.

First of all the Vice fragrance is ridiculously good and even though when I first smelled it the scent seemed too strong and chocolate dominated but now I cant get enough of it and I feel like carrying a slice with me every where as a little pick-me-up. There is nothing wrong with that, right?

Once I got over myself and actually used this soap in the shower my judgments and preconceptions melted right into the drain and just like that I was on board. The lather was creamy, silky, fragrant and plentiful, giving it a very spa-like performance and feel. It rinsed easily and left my skin feeling soft, silky and slightly fragranced. Paired with the glorious Vice Pumpkin Butter this is my favorite indulgence and the experience itself is pampering, luxurious, glamorous and very comforting.
How great is it that a soap can make such a difference!

The Haus of Gloi Handmade Soaps have such a great formulation that it feels a little unfair to compare them to regular soap bars because the quality is literally off the charts.

Its the only bar of soap I will ever use and I already have my eye on a few new scents that are just aching to be ordered.
My top picks for now are: Lavender Sugar, Peach Mama and Troika

Check out the Haus of Gloi Handmade Soaps and the other products this awesome vegan company makes here and let me know what your favorite choices are!


XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment