Wednesday 3 July 2013

Haus of Glois Twice Is Nice Body Emulsion



I have already expressed just how much I love Haus of Gloi and their glorious Pumpkin Butters (see review here!). In fact I find it hard to think about the state of my skin during the long, cold Canadian winters without this stuff on hand. There is so much to love about this niche brand - the formula, the scents, the ingredients, the customer service and especially the personal touch each package receives from these lovely people. There aren't a lot of companies or brands now days that include a handwritten, personal note with each and every order, regardless how big or how small. Not to mention that they are just plain cool - check out their awesome blog here. 
Now that the weather is changing, temperatures are rising, the the humidity is only getting worse, I am finding that my beloved Pumpkin Butter formula is just a little too rich for my skin. Nor wanting to change or give up the yummy scents I switched up my body moisturization to the lighter body emulsion formula and I have to say that I love it almost as much as its richer counterpart. Once again the ingredients are vegan and there are absolutely no parabens to ruin my day. 

Haus of Gloi describes the Body Emulsion like this:
If you're looking for light and silky moisture, then this is it! Lighter than our Pumpkin Butter, Body Emulsion is great when you're looking for something that isn't heavy and absorbs quickly. Each batch is made from scratch and includes luxurious green tea and calendula extracts, skin loving butters and is paraben free and vegan.

Ingredients listed;
Distilled water, caprylic/capric triglyceride (fractionated coconut oil), theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, emulsifying wax NF, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, cannabis sativa (hemp) seed oil, cetyl alcohol, cyclomethicone, dimethicone, proprietary fragrance blend, phenoxyethanol (and) caprylyl glycol, vitamin e., vegetable glycerin, hydrolyzed cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) seed extract, modified corn starch, xanthan gum

My fragrance of choice is the same as in the Pumpkin Butter formula, which is Twice Is Nice.

Haus of Gloi Body Emulsion Twice is Nice


True to its form, the whimsical Haus of Gloi scent description is; 
Sweetest offerings of opulence! Buttery sugar cookie, with shavings of creamy coconut and topped with toasted almond slivers.

I completely agree with the given description but I want to add that the coconut note is the strongest on my skin. This is not one of those cloying, artificial sickeningly sweet coconut scents, it simply smells like a slightly toasted coconut cookie, which can be an issue when I am hungry and close to a bakery. Yum! The fragrance lingers softly on my skin for hours and never fails to bring up comments and compliments galore. I love pairing it with the Twice Is Nice perfume oil for that extra scent boost, guaranteeing that it will last even longer. 

The formulation is wonderfully light , absorbs quickly and easily, leaving my skin perfectly moisturized and silky smooth. However don't let the thin texture fool you, this lotion delivers a strong hydration punch with no greasiness which makes this a perfect summer body moisturizer. Since the texture is so creamy it sinks in almost right away so there is no need to wait around for this to dry before getting dressed. I really appreciate that whenever I hit that snooze button a little too many times :-)

My verdict once again is wholeheartedly positive and I have been encouraging everyone I know to give Haus of Gloi a try. The formula is superior to most of the higher end lotions I splurged on so for me this is more than worth it. 

You can purchase the Hous of Gloi Body Emulsions and all their other equally amazing products on their direct website 

I hope someone finds this review helpful!

Have you tried Haus of Gloi? What is your favorite Etsy-like lotion? 

XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment