Wednesday 31 July 2013

Review - Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner

Clarins logo


I love my Biologique Recherche p50 treatment!
It has been a life-changing product for me and I would gladly invest in cases at a time. However with the new European formula change and limited supplies, the original P50 formula is getting harder and harder to find.

I fully appreciate everyone's effort to remove nasty chemicals from beauty products and everything else for that matter but my skin needs a little bit of the "baddies" to be kept in check. I simply haven't been able to find a formulation that works as good as the Biologique Recherche but since I've been conflicted about the whole thing I decided to start pursuing other options in the limited world of exfoliating toners.

Clarins skincareAs per usual I took Caroline Hiron's (online skincare genius!) advice and invested in one of her other top choices. The Clarins exfoliating toner caught my eye so that was one of my first test products.
I decided on Clarins first because I have always felt that their skincare choices seem to stand out from the rest of the beauty giants (Estée Lauder) in terms of price, functionality and innovation. I had liked some of their skincare products before and I have always felt comfortable browsing their counter choices so it really was an organic first choice. 

Thereby I introduce you to the seriously underrated Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner.

Description;
The Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner is a lotion formulated with fruit acids to sweep away dulling dead skin cells and the day's grime and pollution.
It smooths and softens skin to leave it looking and feeling clean, bright and beautiful.
Apply once or twice a week to a clean face with a cotton pad, avoiding the delicate eye contour. Wait for a minute before continuing your usual skin routine to maximise effectiveness.


This particular exfoliating toner brightens and refines your skin through the means of natural chemical exfoliation; using a combination of tamarind fruit acids and white nettle extract.
Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner

The Tamarind fruit acid helps to unclog congested skin, eliminates any settled impurities and dead skin cells and activates natural cell renewal. On the other hand the White nettle extract firms the complexion, tightens your pores and prepares your skin for additional topical treatments.
For those of you concerned with alcohol content I should point out that in this particular formulation, the addition of glycerin counteracts the drying factor successfully so any effects of said alcohol is negligible or even non-existent. 

The concentration of chemical exfoliants in this is a lot lower than that in the P50 or the Pixi Glow Tonic so this is a great choice for Sensitive Skin Club Members and in my experience suitable for daily use. 
However as always I recommend an old- fashion patch test prior to use any products that contain "active" ingredients such as this one.

I have used the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner ( $34.00) for almost a month at this point and I have to say I am very impressed. The results of course are nowhere near as dramatic as that of the P50 but its serving its exfoliating purpose in the gentlest way possible. 
It leaves my skin smooth, soft, supple and radiant upon each use and while I can't say it will totally replace the Biologique Recherche completely, it's definitively got what it takes for the maintenance phase in between the sad skin days. 

You can purchase and get more info on Clarins skincare directly on their website, Sephora or any designated counters in your area.


Have you tried the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner? Do you have a favorite toner? 


Thank you for stopping by :-)


XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted
    to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I'll be
    subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again
    very soon!

    Here is my blog: Le Derme Luxe Review

    ReplyDelete