Friday 2 August 2013

Review - Sunday Riley Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer in Light


The Sunday Riley brand is very new to me and in fact this Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer is the first product that I have tried from their line up. A few months ago I heard some very positive things about the Sunday Riley skincare, made a mental note to look in to it and then promptly forgot all about it. It doesnt seem to have a lot of coverage in the blogosphere, which is probably the reason it slipped my mind. I am assuming that the lack of exposure of the brand is largely due to the high prices of their skincare line or it could be simply that its one of those niche brands who strive to stay away from hype, all the while building up a loyal fan base that grows because the products are just that good. I am bound to agree with the latter scenario.

After some background research of the brand itself I was impressed to find out that Sunday Riley formulation rely heavily on combining advanced chemical research with pure natural botanicals to give its customer the best of both worlds.

Now that I've had a chance to play with several Sunday Riley pieces I can see why such a low key brand has such a huge, devoted following, including celebrities, supermodels, famous makeup artists and real girls like myself. Who wouldn't want to look like the picture above?
Their branding stays away from anything too trendy and focuses on creating classic pieces that will flatter the everyday woman, giving her effortless, breathable formulas that require very little fuss to work with.

The product I want to introduce you to today is the Sunday Riley Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer, available in three shades - light, medium and deep. I would have to say that I am so impressed with this product that I can't see myself ever going without it.
Sunday Riley Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer

Description; 
A sheer, lightweight primer that oxygenates and plumps the skin.
This multipurpose formula with regenerating, anti-glycation peptides and sodium hyaluronate leave skin fine-textured, polished and youthful, with a touch of radiance. Rejuvenox keeps this perfecting primer completely ventilated and drenched in oxygen. It can be worn under foundation to make it a smooth, flawless surface for precise foundation application and extend makeup wear, or worn alone for a sheer, perfecting wash of color.



Ingredients; 
Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Stearoxy Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Mica, Nylon 12, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Bentonite, Steareth-20, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide 7, Cyclomethicone, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Gylcol, Sodium Hyaluronate.

As a huge skincare connoisseur I am always impressed when a brand manages to create a good quality makeup product and includes skin-loving ingredients in the formulation. The Sunday Riley team did exactly that and made it work perfectly.

The primer is enriched with Rejuvenox which increases hydration, helps reduce fine lines by filling ridges and is known to help treat acne-prone skin. The addition of Sodium Hyaluronate also contributes to retaining moisture levels in your skin, giving your complexion a very fresh, youthful dewy appearance. Finally the Peptide Complex supports elasticity of the skin by speeding up natural collagen production.

Judging by the the ingredients I would have hardly classified as a makeup product however the Sunday Riley Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer manages to preform perfectly in both fields. That is why I feel that classifying this as just a "primer" densest do this product or the brand itself enough credit.
Sunday Riley Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer

The texture of this Breathable Tinted Primer resembles that of a fresh whipped cream and blends in flawlessly without much effort. The skin is left velvety soft and unlike some other silicone-heavy primers the Sunday Riley version is almost weightless, so much so that after about a minute you no longer feel it all.

The biggest impact of the Sunday Riley Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer for my complexion was that the "tint" suspended in the primer effectively covered up minor imperfections, evened out my skin tone and ultimately settled into such a dewy shade that I did not need any foundation on top. The final result was natural and polished, resembling a skin-like finish than anything else I tried with similar properties. I honestly don't think anything has ever made my complexion look that flawless or radiant for that matter.
I guess its easy to see why I love this pseudo primer and why it became an essential part of my daily makeup routine in just about two weeks.

Sunday Riley Effortless Breathable Tinted PrimerI had expected the price tag of this primer to be much higher that it is ($48 for 1 oz) because of the the cost of some of their other products, especially the skincare choices. Its still pricier than some of the other similar products but since it preforms this well I don't want to criticize the brand itself because I am more than pleased with the results.

For more information about the Sunday Riley Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer and their other products, including retail opportunities visit their direct website, our trusty Sephora, or Barney's.



I hope that was helpful :-)

Have you tried the Sunday Riley Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer? What is your favorite primer?

XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-)

1 comment:

  1. My Partner and I have was suffering from Herpes simplex for years. We have tried so many solutions with no result. One fateful day while browsing through the internet I saw a testimony of a client who got cured from herpes by Dr. Robinson buckler through herbal medicine so I decided to give a try. A try that changed our life for good. I contacted Dr. Robinson buckler and he sent some herbal medicine to us, which we took for 14 days. It was a great surprise when we went for a test and the test result came out negative., Dr. Robinson buckler brought joy into my family again. His result is 100% guaranteed. .. it's unbelievable! .... You contact him on his email. Robinsonbuckler11(at)gmail com..

    ReplyDelete