Sunday 4 August 2013

Favourites - L'Occitane Cleansing and Softening Almond Shower Oil


After reviewing one of my favorite things - the L'Occitane Amande Concentre de Lait, I realized that I should talk about  my other favorite thing that i almost always use with the first. These two favorites are amazing individually of course BUT when they get together in my shower, their awesome powers combine and make me feel at least ten times as fabulous. 

Some of you already guessed what superhero I am talking about (plus the title kind of gives it away, duh!) but a proper introduction is still in order! 
Enter the amazing L'Occitane Cleansing and Soothing Almond Shower Oil!

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil
Description;
This customer favorite, with its divine texture, helps to hydrate and tone the skin. It foams up when in contact with water, creating a luxurious lather. It will leave a satin-like softness all over your body, and a delicious sugary scent. A great product for men & women.

Key Ingredients;
Rosemary
Grape Vine
Almond Tree

First of all the L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil has got to be one of the most indulgent and decadent body cleansers I have ever come across. In fact before I   tried this I didn't really have any kind of a strong opinion when it came down to body washes. Sure, I had tried a fair number of them but never really noticed any kind of a big difference when it came down to performance or how my skin felt afterwards. 

Well the L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil changed all that with a single use! Isn't instant gratification great, you guys?

As the name implies this really is an oil-based body cleanser that is to be used just as a regular body wash in your shower. With the Almond Shower Oil I prefer to only use my hands but that's only because I feel that using a loofah or my salux causes me to use more than normal. Since this cleanser is definitively a little spendier than some of my other choices, I tend to ration it and use it only a couple of times a week, usually when I feel I need a bit more pampering. 

The texture of the L'Occitane Almond is definitively lighter and runnier than the average body wash but don't underestimate the hydration kick this "liquid gold" gives. The first time i used it I was a bit concerned because of that feature but what really annoyed me was the "light foaming" action. 
I kind of have a slight bubble addiction happening - for the longest time I just couldn't get past the notion that I could be clean without the "bubbling action". Fortunately my now-extensive use of cleansing balms changed my mind about the "foam crack" so when the shower oil only foamed a bit, I decided to give it a chance and keep an open mind for once. The bottle is designed well, its very easy to hold on to and the pump is amazing as well so no need to freak if I drop this during one of my many "clumsy" moments. 

The scent of the Almond Shower Oil is very similar to the Amande Concentre de Lait but maybe a touch less sweet, with some added "freshness" to it. Nonetheless the fragrance is still comforting to me, invoking nostalgic memories and a sense of calm each time I am wrapped in its goodness...

L'Occitane indicates that the shower oil can also be used for shaving and I have read a lot of reviews confirming that fact however I love this so much that for me that would feel too wasteful! 
It's just too good to be used for secondary things like that :-)

L'Occitane Almond Pamper combo
My favorite pampering formula has got to be: dry-skin body brushing, then warm shower with my Almond Shower Oil followed by the Amande Concentre de Lait. This combination makes my skin soft, silky, smooth, hydrated, comforted and ready for my favorite pj's, a soft bed, fluffy pillows, ice tea and a good book. In fact I think I will be engaging in just that kind of activity this evening! 

The L'Occitane Amande Concentre de Lait and the Almond Shower Oil can be found on the L'Occitane website, our trusty Sephora  and Amazon
L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil

**Just a quick hint, if you love this and want to save some money, so your pampering sessions can become more frequent consider getting the refill 500 ml size, which is only $34.00 The other sizes are - a mini 75 ml for $10 and a bigger 250 ml for $24.00. My math skills are not stellar but the refill sized 500 ml is definitively your best choice and its available only on the L'Occitane website

I hope this was a helpful review! 

Have you tried the L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil? What is your favorite pampering combination? 


XOXO

ANJA  

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-) 

2 comments:

  1. Treating acne scars are not so difficult. There are so many treatments available that can treat acne scars effectively. But many people think acne scars removal cost is so high and it is not true. However, if you are looking for the best treatment for acne scars at the most affordable cost then you can visit Acne Scar Center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Partner and I have was suffering from Herpes simplex for years. We have tried so many solutions with no result. One fateful day while browsing through the internet I saw a testimony of a client who got cured from herpes by Dr. Robinson buckler through herbal medicine so I decided to give a try. A try that changed our life for good. I contacted Dr. Robinson buckler and he sent some herbal medicine to us, which we took for 14 days. It was a great surprise when we went for a test and the test result came out negative., Dr. Robinson buckler brought joy into my family again. His result is 100% guaranteed. .. it's unbelievable! .... You contact him on his email. Robinsonbuckler11(at)gmail com..

    ReplyDelete