Monday 5 August 2013

Completing the Collection - Caudalie Divine Scrub

Caudalie logo

I am not even sure how this scrub happened to me? The only product I was to allow myself was the Caudalie Divine Oil since that was somewhat practical for the summer months but the other two, Divine Legs & Divine Scrub, were to be left behind until I used at least some of the overwhelming bottles littering my homey-beauty place.
Obviously that didn't work out very good because here I am with a smug grin on my face, staring at the entire Caudalie Divine collection, nestled beautifully in the small beauty cabinet next to my vanity table. I will admit that I do feel a little bit guilty and I am sure my conscience will bother me significantly after a few weeks but for now I am giddy with excitement, with a dreamy-glazed look plastered on my face and a brain buzzing with possibilities, daydreaming of a possible "tanned" beach bunny inspired vision. 
I think its safe to say that I have a problem! 
Caudalie Divine Collection

The Caudalie Divine collection is one of the latest summer-inspired body care releases by the wonderful French brand, whose philosophy and formulation relies directly on the patented vinotherapie concept, which utilizes the anti-oxidant properties of grapes to care and protect your skin. The Divine line-up is no exception to this rule so its no surprise that all parts of the collection are chock-full of skin-loving ingredients that beautify and protect at the same time.

Today I want to introduce you to the last piece of the Caudalie Divine set which is the Divine Body Scrub and if you would like to see my reviews of the Divine Legs & Oil first just click here and here

Description;
A softening scrub with brown sugar and four natural plant oils, featuring a signature Divine fragrance. 
Divine Scrub gently exfoliates dead skin cells for luxuriously soft, delicately fragranced skin. It features four natural plant oils—grape, argan, hibiscus, and sesame—and the signature Divine fragrance of grapefruit, rose, pink pepper, vanilla, cedar, and white musk.

Caudalie Divine scrub
Ingredients;
Sucrose*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Glyceryl Stearate*, Glyceryl Distearate*, Polyglyceryl-5 Dioleate*, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Parfum (Fragrance), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract*, Tocopherol* Hibiscus Sabdariffa Seed Oil*, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*, Benzyl Salicylate*, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional


As a girly-girl that truly enjoys pampering and everything that comes with it, my experience with body scrubs is quite extensive and I definitively have certain preferences that i stick to. 
For me an ideal body scrub needs to be "scrubby" enough to gently polish the skin without being too abrasive and harsh, but not so light that it melts away before the job is done. Even though I enjoy both sugar and salt based exfoliants, my preferred choice will always be the formula spiked with essential oils that manage to hydrate my skin in the shower without being too greasy and without leaving a slippery residue that feels heavy after rinsing. A body scrub formula that combines naturally sourced ingredients and leaves the "nasties" in the chemistry lab, will always get bonus points from me as well.

Caudalie Divine scrubThe Caudalie Divine Scrub fulfills and even exceeds every single one of those requirements (amazing!). The texture is very dense and as such easy to scoop out of the jar, without worrying too much about spillage and waste. The application and feel on my skin is reminiscent of a micro-derm abrasion treatment that continually transforms into a creamier substance, losing its "grit" gradually and eventually melting away in a milky, silkening emulsion.

The "buffing" ingredient in this scrub is brown sugar which is further enhanced by the addition of four naturally hydrating exotic plant oils - grape, hibiscus, sesame and argan. This combination moisturizes, softens and lusciously nourishes the skin before you even step out of the shower.
The alluring Divine scent only further enhances this pampering routine by the same combination of
zesty grapefruit, fiery pink pepper, and calming vanilla, found in the Caudalie Divine Legs & Oil. 

After all is said and done, I admit that I am actually very happy I broke down and got the final two Divine products. Every single piece of the collection preforms beautifully on its own but when all three combine, the Divine feeling is obviously magnified significantly and its something I recommend everyone try at least once.

Since the Caudalie Divine Scrub is a little bit on the pricy side ($38.00 for 5.3 fl.oz.) and there are so many other body scrubs I want to try at some point, I cant say that this will be my primary exfoliant. However I would definitively repurchase this and use it with the other Divine products, especially when I need some extra TLC and some "bronzy" goodness!
For more information and to purchase the Caudalie Divine Collection just visit their direct website, our trusty Sephora and Amazon.
I hope this was helpful

Have you tried the Caudalie Divine Collection? Do you have a favorite body scrub?

XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment