Thursday 1 August 2013

Murad - Essential-C Daily Renewal Complex


We all know or at least we should know how important sufficient sunscreen can be for the health and protection of our skin. Cumulative sun exposure and sunscreen neglect can seriously add up and  come to haunt you even years from now, resulting in premature wrinkles, premature sun and age spots, "leathery" skin or worst case scenario skin cancer. 

Despite being aware of all the risks I unfortunately ignored all of my own "lovely" advice for years and had a rather dangerous affair with the sun every summer as I vied for that sexy-tanned look. I literally cringe today when I think about the baby oil glaze all over my body as I "tanned" with my friends, thinking the whole thing just made me ultra-cool. 

Luckily for me as I become more interested in the beauty & skincare field I realized the kind of dangerous game I was playing each summer, deciding finally to invest in a good, quality sunscreen and explore the choices of photo-damage reversal. 

Dr. Murad's skincare products are pretty well known at this point, mostly due to the Shopping NetworkInfomercials and various celebrity endorsements. My own exposure to the Murad brand is quite limited but upon closer research I was happy to see just how much research is invested in each and every product they release, not to mention that their skincare lines cover just about any skincare concern you might be dealing with.   

Murad Essential CMurad's Essential-C product line up is targeted towards anti-aging, radiance renewal, rejuvenation, damage reversal and vitamin-C driven skin repair. This is not your average skincare line, everything about Essential-C is results oriented with some hard core ingredients and regiments implemented to get the most out of your products. I have to say I was thoroughly impressed!

As I was looking for a skincare treatment targeted towards damage reversal and further protection, the Murad Essential-C Daily Renewal Complex seemed like a perfect fit as it promised to deal with both of those issues. 

Description;
Reverse damage and restore youthful clarity with this anti-aging vitamin C treatment.
Target rejuvenation with breakthrough technology. Clinically proven to decrease fine lines by 17% after one application and improve the signs of photodamage by 46% after 4 weeks. This anti-aging treatment features pure vitamin C along with our patented Skin Repair System with Co-3™ to improve skin elasticity, stimulate collagen synthesis, improve skin clarity and provide powerful antioxidant protection.
U.S. Patent 5,972,999/6,194,452

Directions;
Once daily after cleansing and toning, massage a thin layer over face, neck and chest. For optimal results, follow with Essential-C Day Moisture SPF 30.

Ingredients;
Cyclomethicone, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinol, Bisabolol, Allantoin, Lysine Lauroyl Methionate, Rice Amino Acids, Zinc Aspartate, Chitosan Ascorbate, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyanocobalamin, Beta-Carotene, Ranunculus Ficaria Extract, Phytonadione, Glycine, Glutamic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Vegetable Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil

The Murad Essential-C Daily Renewal Complex uses pure vitamin C and vitamin E concentrates to fade pigmentation spots and provide soothing antioxidant protection at the same time. Dr. Murad's secretive, patented Skin Repair System with Co-3™ is said to stimulate your skin's natural collagen-synthesis and in turn improve elasticity , reduce environmental damage and harness the power of orange, basil and grapefruit extracts to further protect and soothe the skin surface. The addition of Retinyl Palmitate only boosts its performance and adds additional exfoliating properties to increase radiance and skin clarity.

Dr. Murad recommends this treatment complex along with the whole Essential-C line up for all reformed sun-worshipers, like myself.


Murad Essential-C Daily Renewal Complex is unlike any other skincare treatment I have ever used and initially I wasn't completely on how this felt or worked on my skin.

I think its important to mention that this is not meant to replace your daily moisturizer and should be treated like any other potent treatment complex. Initial application can be quite intense if you are not expecting the stinging sensation - it can be quite intense so start out slowly and sparingly.

The texture of this treatment is a bit strange, its creamy but slightly grainy as well, drying to a matte-velvet like finish. I would say it resembles a powder-like feel which may take some getting used to.

Evaluating results and deciding whether or not the Murad Essential-C Daily Renewal Complex delivers on its promises was actually quite easy. I had focused the Renewal Complex application on two "brownish" spots on top of my cheekbones that were almost definitely a result of my inconsistent sunscreen use. After two weeks the area was a lot lighter, my entire complexion was smoother, softer and more radiant.

I would say I got exactly what the doctor ordered! I learned my lesson and my sun-tanning days are over. Its definitively a lot easier to prevent damage than it is to reverse it!

The Murad Essential-C Daily Renewal Complex ($95) is definitively a very pricy skincare treatment but its a very unique offering in the skincare market. Seeing how it really delivers on its promises I would say its worth the investment if you need to take care of pigmentation issues and if it inspires you to be more diligent when it comes to sunscreen use then i think it takes care of its cost in one clean sweep.

Murad Essential-C Daily Renewal Complex and the rest of Dr. Murad's products can be found directly on their website, our trusty Sephora and the Skinstore.

I hope that was helpful :-)


Have you tried Murad Skincare? Do you have a favorite sunscreen?


XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment