Friday 2 August 2013

Review - Paul & Joe Beaute Face Powder

Paul & Joe logo
Paul & Joe Beaute is a brand that represents every bit of the girly girl I feel deep inside. Every single thing they make is packaged impeccably and beautifully, marrying function-ability, femininity and beauty all in one pretty little box. Usually when it comes to my packaging pre-occupation the brand delivers the pretty but fails to satisfy when it comes to quality performance. 

Luckily Paul & Joe Beaute is an exception to that rule because their pretty always comes with superior formulas, beautiful design and inspirational look that just happens to look beautiful on my vanity. 
Don't believe me - check out their website here

The brains and beauty behind Paul & Joe Beaute is a true french girl Sophie Mechali whose designs power not just the beauty line but also the entire Paul & Joe brand. The concept of the brand itself centers around "thoroughly enjoying life, valuing every moment" which is said to be the philosophy of Parisians and Ms. Mechali herself. The brand as a whole is said to "project a lifestyle that brims over with a sense of happiness and well-being", which is something we can all use a little of. 
There is something so whimsical and ethereal about everything Paul & Joe Beaute comes up with and I find myself naturally gravitating towards their designs whether its something practical or a complete indulgence. Their recent cat-inspired makeup created yet another reason for me to stalk their beauty offerings. 

A perfect example of their signature whimsical femininity is the loose powder design case which is terribly impractical, awkward to use, spills on a regular basis and almost impossible to transport. Despite all of those little "features" I fell in love with it the first minute I spotted it online, ordered it without an ounce of research, payed a ridiculous shipping fee and its been one of the most-loved makeup items in my collection ever since.
Just look at it! If you have any kind of girly inclinations then I know you will appreciate the design beauty of this piece.

Paul & Joe Beaute Face Powder

Description;
Paul & Joe Beaute's Face Powder is a lightweight, ultra silky loose powder for finishing your makeup application. It enhances your natural skin tone, creates a fresh appearance and improves skin health and texture with botanicals and hydrators. The complexion is left radiant, silky soft and healthy-looking. 

Ingredients;
Talc,  vinyl dimethicone/Methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, polymethyl methacrylate, acrylates/Ethylhexyl acrylate crosspolymer, citrus aurantium dulcis (Orange) flower water, lilium candidum bulb extract, prunus armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil, rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf extract, simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil, sodium hyaluronate, tocopherol, vitis vinifera (Grape) seed oil, beeswax (Cera Alba), butylene glycol, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, methicone, mineral oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), petrolatum, silica dimethyl silyate, squalane, water (Aqua), methylparaben, fragrance (Parfum). May contain (+/-): iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77492), iron oxides (CI 77499), mica.


Now that I have gone on and on about the beauty of the packaging, you must be wondering if that's the only thing good about it?

I am happy to report that this is a very high-quality, extremely lightweight in texture, finely milled loose powder that controls oil, boosts radiance and sets your makeup perfectly for hours.

The combination of nourishing botanicals cares for the skin by improving its hydration balance, which in turn means that your complexion feels more comfortable with each wear

The only drawback that I can possibly think of is that due to design this is definitively not portable or suitable for travel, meaning that touch ups will only be possible at home, at your princessy vanity.

The amount of powder is actually very generous and honestly I don't think I will ever have to buy a refill but if need be they are definitively available at Paul & Joe Beaute counters, DermstoreBeauty BayeBeauty and even Amazon. The case and powder ($42) are also available for purchase

I hope this was helpful to someone :-)

What do you think about the Paul & Joe Beaute loose powder?

XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-) 

6 comments:

  1. Love the package! Will try definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking a look :-) Paul & Joe always makes such pretty things that are way too hard to resist! Its definitively one of my weak spots
      Please let me know how you like the powder!

      Thanks again - I hope to see you back soon

      XOXO

      ANJA

      Delete
  2. Ηеy I κnoω thiѕ is οff tоpіс but I ωas thinkіng
    іf you knеw οf any widgetѕ I could aԁd to my blog that automatісаlly
    twееt mу newest twittеr updаtes.

    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    my blog - pierced pussy

    ReplyDelete
  3. replica bags in london imp source n5x36s1w03 replica bags los angeles visit our website w0z99z6e62 replica louis vuitton bag replica bags south africa d9n90d0x67 you can look here k6x26e2n01 cheap designer bags replica replica bags wholesale x9l69h4y00

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the useful information in Your Blog. Thanks For Providing Such Useful Knowledge.Thanks For Providing Such Useful Knowledge.
    For Organic Skincare I really like Zaira Organic Skincare Products Online By Organic Skincare. Check out
    Zaira You might end up liking too!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Partner and I have was suffering from Herpes simplex for years. We have tried so many solutions with no result. One fateful day while browsing through the internet I saw a testimony of a client who got cured from herpes by Dr. Robinson buckler through herbal medicine so I decided to give a try. A try that changed our life for good. I contacted Dr. Robinson buckler and he sent some herbal medicine to us, which we took for 14 days. It was a great surprise when we went for a test and the test result came out negative., Dr. Robinson buckler brought joy into my family again. His result is 100% guaranteed. .. it's unbelievable! .... You contact him on his email. Robinsonbuckler11(at)gmail com..

    ReplyDelete