Monday 3 June 2013

The Triple Threat Facial Routine

Being a skincare junkie, always looking for the next "it" treatment and trying promising "miracle potions" left and right - I sometimes get my complexion in trouble :( My bathroom sink is littered with all kinds of cleansers, scrubs, toners and exfoliating treatments...its a disaster area that i am always trying to organize, downsize and arrange in some kind of order...Resistance is futile and i am messy so its always a work in progress!

So when i go overboard with exfoliation, AHA treatments, acne creams or simply get a mysterious rash out own nowhere these masks are my heroes!


No matter how much i mess up the Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Mask always soothes any redness, flakes or mini-burns. Its gentle, not greasy, fragrance-free and thanks to the gel-like texture it feels great on the skin so much so that i often forget that i have it on my face. That's no easy feat! Its recommended to leave it on for a minimum of 20 minutes in order to feel the full benefits but I have had it on for hours and even overnight with absolutely no issues.
Aside from the soothing properties i have found that this mask works even better when paired with either a clay or deep cleansing mask.

My current rotation of cleansing masks includes Skinceuticals Clarifying MaskSisley Botanical MaskMalin & Goetz Detox Face MaskREN Invisible Pores Detox Mask and Ahava Mud Mask. The line up changes constantly and there is only one mask that i have repurchased more than once and of course it just so happens it's the most expensive one too - of course i am talking about the Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask (full review to follow). The purifying effects derived from the cleansing mask as well as the deep pore cleanse; is complimented by the hydration of its  moisture boosting counterpart, which in this case happens to be the Paula's Choice selection.

Skinceuticals Clarifying Mask

This "layering effect" seems to restore my skin balance after any treatment, soothing, moisturizing and softening the complexion almost instantly. My favorite and most effective combination happens to be the Omorovicza or Skinceuticals mask followed by Paula's Choice.

When I am feeling particularly ambitious or my skin needs some extra work I add yet another mask to this routine. The formulation of the extra step is chemical exfoliation or resurfacing - my choices being REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel or the Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Mask.
I know it sounds like overkill but I cant argue with the results in the mirror - perfection comes to mind (for a day or 2 anyways!).
The triple threat formula is Deep Cleansing-Exfoliating-Hydrating, which is something i strive to find time for about 1-2 times a week. Once the layers have been removed with warm flannel, my skin looks so lively and radiant - instant gratification is great isn't it :-)

REN Glycolactic Mask



Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Mask ($15.95) can be purchased here

REN Glycolactic Mask ($55) and other REN skincare is available directjly from their site here

Skinceuticals Clarifying Mask ($49) is sold on their website

My personal choice Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask ($120) is here and is available as part of a Summer Detox Pair ($180) along with the Thermal Cleansing Balm

Do you guys have any Masks to recommend?



All suggestions are very appreciated!

Go ahead enable my next skin care purchase!

XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love REN products they are so good! I have the F10 mask and its amazing! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and the nice comment! I am kind of a REN fiend myself but i don't think i tried the F10 mask! Thanks to you now its on my wish list
      XOXO
      Anja

      Delete