Thursday 20 June 2013

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

It wasn't so long ago that the thought of putting oil on my face brought visions of grease balls, pimples and other unpleasantries. Even though my skin is essentially combination-dry I believed that hydration should come solely from a conventional moisturizers and/or hydrating serums. That being said I have loved body and bath oils for years but never even considered such a product to my facial beauty routine. 
Fast forward to the present and I am now a proud owner of multiple facial oils that have benefited my skin so much that i couldn't really imagine a regiment without one. 

One of my favorite facial oils comes from a tried and true North American brand - Kiehl's. This is a true apothecary old-fashioned New York brand that has consistently been on the top of its game when it comes to combining natural ingredients with the latest scientific innovations, thereby coming up with products that deliver what they promise (for the most part!).  

Kiehl,s Midnight Recovery Concentrate
The Midnight Recovery Concentrate is oil-based elixir that is to transform and deliver skin health virtually over-night! The ingredients included in the formulation: squalane, evening primrose oil, lavender oil and omega-6 fatty acids are all supposed to aid hydration, renew skin surface and repair the damage caused by everyday environmental factors. 
Those are some mighty big promises for a few drops of oil! So does it deliver? 

I have used the Midnight Concentrate sporadically for the past 4 months and I have to say that I definitively notice some encouraging results each time i use it. My skin never feels or looks greasy the next day and my entire complexion looks significantly more radiant. I have also noticed that my skin tone and texture always improve the next morning, giving me that "plumped up" soft appearance. It may be my wish-full thinking but I can almost say that i look more rested and fresh in the morning. Pretty impressive for just a couple of drops, I say! 
The texture of the elixir itself is very light but that means that it spreads very easily and absorbs almost instantly. Some nights it almost reminds me of the consistency of a dry oil, which I love. Kiehl's classifies this as fragrance-free but I have to disagree, however the scent is very light and it gives it kind of an aromatherapy feel of pampering. I can mix it with my moisturizer or just use it as that extra treatment step after cleansing & toning but regardless of method the results are the same. My skin glows!

The price tag may seem high at first ($48 for 30 ml here) but if you consider that each use only requires a few droplets, this bottle will last a very long time. I for one consider this Kiehl's product to be one of my skin care investments 

Have you tried this before? What is your favorite oil?

XOXO 

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment