Friday 21 June 2013

Do You Put Oil On Your Face? I Do!

If someone would have told me years ago that I would be slathering oil on my face every day I would have never believed it. My skin is combination dry and even though it can get dehydrated from time to time, I always assumed that oils are better left for "dry-skinned" individuals. Its not that I didn't think oils were beneficial, on the contrary being a beauty connoisseur I was very-much aware, but I was afraid of oil inducing congestion and pesky breakouts that come with it. 

My first facial oil experience started out with Paul & Joe (review here) so after that success, naturally I decided to explore a bit more and "presto" a new obsession was born. After much trial and error I have finally narrowed down my collection to a manageable size, which means that only the best (for me, personally!) made the cut!


Antipodes Organic Avocado Oil & Rosehip Divine Facial OilREN Rose Moisture Defence Serum
If my skin is feeling particularly parched I tend to reach for some of the more hydrating formulas. For me that means REN Rose O¹² Ultra-Moisture Defence Serum and Antipodes Organic Avocado & Rosehip Divine Oil. Just a few drops added to my night cream soothe and heal any pesky dry spot practically overnight. Massaging the oil in to my skin quickly transforms my standard skincare routine into a pampering experience especially when its coupled with a scent i cant resist. REN's Rose Serum wins that prize hands down!

When I am after something with some added benefits then I reach for my Pure Marula Facial Oil and my newest discovery NUDE Skincare ProGenius Treatment Oil. Both of these oils provide deep hydration but its coupled with some anti-aging properties too. Marula Oil
NUDE Skincare ProGenius Treatment OilThe NUDE oil is said to be formulated using 10 specific plant oils which are suppose to be rich in all the good stuff your skin needs - Omega 3,6,7 and 9. This oil produces a plumping effect on my face better than any I have ever tried and I always wake up with grease-less glow on my cheeks. You could say that ProGenius has become my MVP in the oil word.

Marula Oil is produced from the oil found in Marula nuts, which are harvested by women in East Africa and then cold pressed for the hughest purity and quality possible. I love the light texture and for this reason this is the only oil that I can use during the day as well and not worry about makeup meltdowns.


The Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil was recommended to me for treatment of scars, hyper pigmentation, old acne "dots" and even stretch marks. Its suppose to be quite good for dehydrated skin and anti-aging concerns, including fine lines and wrinkles. The results are definitively not dramatic and if you are looking to see immediate results you will be disappointed, however give it a few months and the results will be obvious even to the most critical of eyes.

Honorable mentions that I will feature or review in the future include - Clarins Lotus Oil, REN Omega 3 Night Repair Serum, Decleor Aromessence, Josie Maran Argan Oil, Suti Rejuvenate Organic Facial Oil and others.


Do you guys use facial oils? What are your favorites?


XOXO


ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment