Friday 14 June 2013

Smelling Roses With LUSH

I am a complete girly girl - I love everything single thing that comes with that label (flowers included). That being said I don't think anyone would be surprised to learn that I get very mushy when it comes to flowers - Roses being my favorite of course. I have a huge weakness when it comes to roses - the scent is absolutely my favorite fragrance so when it comes to beauty products chances are if the marketing even touches upon that I will be all over it!
A lot of people associate roses with "old ladies" and old-fashioned criticism and I wholeheartedly disagree. I would never describe them in manner - for me the soft rose scent reminds of classic beauties, glamorous vanity tables, pure feminine energy and most importantly LOVE. There isn't anything more romantic than receiving roses from that certain someone, the scent always fills the air with a promise of beautiful things to come...I know, I am a complete mush! 
But I digress...

So my rose fixation and love of body care products pretty much guaranteed that LUSH's Ro's Argan Body Conditioner and Turkish Delight Shower Smoothie would eventually make their way in to my bathroom. The combination of fragrance, impressive ingredients (actual rose petals, anyone?!) and uniqueness of the product formulas, made it very hard to resist but I assure you I tried. Even though i wasn't entirely sure of what it was I was ordering, I took the plunge and didn't look back. I am happy to say I wasn't disappointed!

LUSH Turkish Delight Shower Smoothie


Turkish Delight Shower Smoothie is described by LUSH on their site as;
Lather up with our delightfully buttery rose-scented shower smoothie. Each pot is made with superb quality ingredients including aphrodisiac jasmine and Turkish rose, smoothing almond oil, moisturizing cocoa butter and neroli - the euphoric essential oil. Smooth on this softening smoothie in the shower, let it sit for a minute then rinse off for clean, touchably soft and fragrant skin. A pot of this suits all skin types, but it is particularly good for dry and sensitive bodies that need moisture.

The Ingredient list provided is;
Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Glycerine, Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Cocos nucifera), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Cocoa Butter (Theoproma cacao), Water (Aqua), Perfume, Rose Oil (Rosa centifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citronellol, Hydroxcitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, D&C Red No.33

When I first ordered this I thought I was buying a body lotion or a in-shower moisturizer. Once i had it in my hands and opened the black tub, the consistency & texture indicated that I was wrong and it implied i was dealing with a fine body scrub. It wasn't until I was in the shower that I realized my error but I am happy to report that I loved it regardless. The texture of this is very unique - whipped like butter but solid at the same time, easy to work with with a light foaming action. You don't need a lot but if you are like me you'll end up using more just to enjoy the scent longer. I don't find it very moisturizing but it definitively doesn't dry out my skin like some conventional shower gels. The scent does linger after rinsing but not as long as i would like, however I cant really fault LUSH for that - its not suppose to be a perfume, I just really want it to be! 
The price ($34.95) is a little steep for what is essentially a very luxe body cleanser but if you love the fragrance it is worth the occasional pampering splurge. 

LUSH Ro's Argan Body Conditioner


Ro's Argan Body Conditioner is described by LUSH on their site as;
LUSH product inventor Rowena made this decadent, rose-scented shower ‘lotion' – so it's Ro's Argan Body Conditioner which very conveniently sounds like Rose Argan Body Conditioner. She noticed how much she liked the sultry soft feeling conditioner gives her hair, so she thought how nice it would be if she could have the same feeling for the body too. With scoops of cocoa butter, cupuacu butter, almond oil and Argan oils, this is the most luxurious body softener that ever was (if we don't say so ourselves!). After washing up, slather yourself all over with this new invention. Rinse, pat dry and revel in supremely soft, rose-scented skin.

The ingredient list provided is;
Fresh Spring Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Cypress Leaf Infusion (Cupressus sempervirens), Brazil Nut Oil (Bertholletia Excelsa), Vanilla Pod (Vanilla planifolia), Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Stearic Acid, Argan Oil (Argania spinosa), Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma Grandiflorum), Fragrance, Triethanolamine, Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Goji Berry Decoction (Lycium barbarum), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Limonene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

This Body Conditioner was not the first in-shower lotion I have ever used but it was certainly the best. I hadn't read any reviews about this (rare for me) so my expectations were pretty high, maybe even a bit unrealistic but i have to admit LUSH fulfilled every single one of them. I love Ro's Argan Body Conditioner! The texture is that of a light lotion, really refreshing feel on the skin, absolutely no greasiness and enough fragrance to fill your whole bathroom (and then some). Basically all it entails is stepping out of the shower, slathering this on, taking a deep breath - letting the steam take effect while keeping busy preforming some other beauty ritual for a few minutes (applying a face mask, perhaps?) then doing a light rinse, pat and done. This, combined with the Turkish Delight is my favorite shower ritual resulting in the softest, silkiest baby skin EVER!
Final verdict on this pricey little gem ($32.95) is a very positive one - maybe not every day but its perfect for those times I really want to remind myself of my deeply-rooted girly nature. 

For more information on these two rosy favorites and other LUSH products just visit their vast number of international websites here

Have you tried these two 2 LUSH concoctions? What did you think?

XOXO 

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment