Saturday 25 May 2013

The Beauty Fence - Alpha-H Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid

The Alpha-H Liquid Gold has been making the rounds on the beauty blogosphere for some time now. It seems like everyone has been trying it, loving it, hoarding it and hyping it up so much that I had myself convinced that it was going to be a miracle product for my finicky complexion. I mean it never even occurred to me that it could be a failure and i am no rookie when it comes to the skincare game. I almost feel like i got duped!

Liquid Gold is a chemical exfoliator featuring Glycolic acid as the main active ingredient and per specific instructions it is to be used every 2 days overnight only. In order to get maximum benefits its recommended to not follow the Liquid Gold with a moisturizer or anything else, allowing it do its "magic" while you sleep. I discovered it first on Caroline's Blog (beautymouth) and seeing how everything else she recommended worked great for me I decided to track it down and order it right away. So many great reviews cant be wrong right? Well...

The Alpha-H Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid


Don't get me wrong - I am not saying its a bad product and I would recommend it to almost anyone but the results for me were completely underwhelming. Maybe my expectations were too high, maybe my skin didn't need it, maybe I got a bad batch...who knows! Bottom line is I used it just as described for over a month and never noticed any significant change on my skin. What frustrated me even more was that I had no positive nor negative results - it was as if my complexion was undecided on the issue. Obviously I don't want to have a bad reaction but if I even got the inkling that it was doing something negative then I could discontinue using it and pass it on to someone else. No effects just meant that I continuously hoped for some kind of change for weeks on end before I ultimately gave up and accepted defeat.

Due to my experience I would recommend this to people with problem skin or acne issues however since it doesn't seem to preform consistently for everyone (like me!) I would stress that sampling the product first may be a smart idea. It can be difficult to track down and the price tag is too high to just take the plunge and hope for the best. I wish i had tried it before i splurged on the full size bottle with international shipping to boot.

I know the majority of you love Alpha-H Liquid Gold but I wanted to write an honest review based on my own experience. Hopefully it can help someone else make a more balanced decision in purchasing this "magic potion".

Alpha-H Liquid Gold ($52.00 for 100ml) can be purchased here

Ingredients;
Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Hydrolysed Silk, Glycolic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract.

Did anyone else have a similar experience?

XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-)



1 comment:

  1. You are not alone in this at all. Both me and my sister used this for 2 months and noticed nothing at all. If anything my cheeks often felt weird, like crusty if that makes sense. Caroline really missed the boat on this one

    ReplyDelete