Saturday 25 May 2013

Skin Care Jack Pot - Paula's Choice Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment with 10% AHA

In my previous post I talked about Alpha-H Liquid Gold Glycolic Treatment that had very little or no effect on my skin! Today I bring you an exfoliator that I can get behind, with results I can see almost overnight and whose price tag doesn't make me cringe when i realize its time to replenish.

It works on the same principle as Liquid Gold however the main active ingredient is 10% AHA which acts as a chemical exfoliant, breaking down and loosening dead skin cell from the surface of your face. The combination of glycolic acid and antioxidants in one formula suggests that it will both repair the skin and stimulate collagen production almost simultaneously .Meaning that this treatment would benefit those concerned with anti-aging, firmness and brown spots just as much as it will help with acne-breakouts and enlarged-clogged pores. In the morning skin looks brighter, smoother, calm, radiant and almost refined - all of this without any irritation or redness.

Paula's Choice Weekly Resurfacing Treatment 10%AHA

The instructions advise to use the resurfacing treatment only once a week but the formula is gentle enough that I can cheat and apply it twice a week with no adverse effects. Instead of pouring the solution on a cotton pad I prefer to get a few a drops in the palm of my hand and then just tap it on the surface of my skin until its all absorbed. The stickiness doesn't last very long, sometimes there is a bit of stinging but within seconds the skin feels calm and comfortable.

I am sure that those of you with very sensitive skin could experience irritation and flaking in the first few weeks (as reported on Makeup alley) so i would definitively recommend caution when introducing this to your regiment. However as far as glycolic treatments are concerned i believe that this one is not only one of the most effective but also one of the gentlest as well.
I have been lucky so far - my skin reacted most favorably and wasn't even mildly irritated (for a change!). All I got was renewed, brighter, firmer, more even and maybe even younger looking complexion so this is a clear winner for me.

The Weekly Resurfacing Treatment ($23.16) can be purchased here

Key Ingredients
Vitis vinifera, green tea, Ulmus fulva bark extract, slippery elm bark, glycerin, antioxidant, vitamin C, licorice extract, borage seed extract, chamomile, Boerhavia diffusa root extract, glycolic acid, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, Borago officinalis extract, Avena sativa, grape seed extract, Lamium album flower extract, anti-irritant, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, Chamomilla recutita flower extract, white nettle, AHA, allantoin, Camellia sinensis, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Salix nigra (willow) bark extract, burdock root, willow bark

Do you have a favourite exfoliator?

XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-)

2 comments:

  1. really jackpot. thanks for sharing the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment and visiting my blog :-)
    I am happy to see someone else loved this! It really doesn't get the credit it deserves!
    Hope to see you back
    Xoxo
    Anja

    ReplyDelete