Sunday 6 October 2013

The Bronzer Of My Dreams - Soleil Tan de Chanel


I am ready to face the music and make a shocking confession about my vanity-inspired and obviously insignificant "hobby"
Superficial and girly things have the capacity to make me ridiculously giddy with happiness. If one of those items just happens to have the classic Chanel logo embossed on it, then the potential for excitement is almost always guaranteed. 

That kind of branding appreciation can be very dangerous for someone with low impulse control and a brief visit to the Chanel counter can often result in purchasing products purely based on the "wow" factor and with very little thought process! 
Soleil Tan de Chanel ($48.00 for 30 g) was the fruit on one such innocent browse and despite the fact that I neither use bronzers not do I know how to use one properly, somehow a tub of this classy goodness ended up on my vanity. 
It's been mocking me ever since so a few weeks ago I decided to put an end to it and give it a decent chance to impress me. 

Official Description;
The velvety finish of this light cream-gel bronzer leaves your skin with a beautiful sun-kissed look. Wear it on its own to enhance your complexion, or for a hint of outdoors radiance, over or under your favorite CHANEL Foundation.

The first thing that struck me about the Soleil Tan de Chanel was the unique sponge-like texture in the pot. 
It's best described as a creamy gel that applies velvety smooth at first, making it easy to work in to the skin, before drying to a fairly typical powdery finish.


The formula is actually pretty incredible,  both opaque and light, easy to blend allowing you to either wear it on its own or beneath a darker bronzer for contouring purposes. 
If you're looking for natural sun kissed skin (what ever your skin tone) then this is your product. There is absolutely nothing muddy about the Soleil Tan de Chanel, which is a feature I appreciate the most! 

At first I was worried that the shade itself would be too dark for my fair complexion but since this blends like a dream and has a beautiful sun-kissed effect the dreaded orange "Oompa Loompa" look is nowhere to be seen. The bronzing pigments combine with just a slight twinge of sophisticated soft shimmer particles to create a color that could be universally flattering to all! 


The one and only "flaw" of this Chanel Tub of Sunshine is that if you use a brush to apply it the slightly tacky texture of the bronzer may collect stray hairs on its surface, which is definitively not aesthetically pleasing . Choosing a non-shedding high quality brush for this solves the problem or application can be achieved differently. I find a sponge or fingers work just as well too.

I admit I was skeptical at first and even considered returning it since it was an impulse, unplanned purchase of a product I didn't know how to use properly. However I have found that the more I actually use this, the more I love it and in turn reach for it a lot more often than I could have imagined. In the summer it works to enhance my slightly tanned complexion and it's also ideal for adding a bit of a sunny glow to the skin during to colder months! 

Seeing how this is a high-end, hard to come by Chanel product I don't want to say that it's an essential part of my makeup routine. Additionally if you have experience with bronzers then I am sure you already have much cheaper dupes for this but if you are a "Bronzer Virgin" like me then give the Soleil Tan de Chanel a whirl as it's definitively very user friendly. 

Finally if it's a bit of luxury that you're looking for, then look no further. 
This stuff looks and feels like a million dollars and sometimes that's exactly what a girl needs :-)

Thank you for reading!

Have you tried Soleil Tan de Chanel? Do you have a favorite bronzer?

XOXO

ANJA

3 comments:

  1. I have this and have to say it is one of my favorite bronzers. The color is not orange and just perfect for adding warmth to any skin tone. I know, it's such a pricey bronzer and there is something about the brand that shouts luxury to me and every gal needs a treat once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Thank you so much for checking out my blog! Your site is one of my favorites so I am a little star struck lol
      I agree that this is a bit pricy but when I think about all the others I bought and never used, it puts things in to perspective :-) But then again I can always justify Chanel lol
      Thank you again and I hope to see back soon!
      Xoxo
      ANJA

      Delete