Monday 14 October 2013

Deborah Lippmanns Mermaid Dream is Indeed a Dream Come True!



The Canadian Princeza is a beauty blog where all my superficial musings and contemplation's join together to highlight things I find worthy of admiration and celebration for that matter! But only if its deserved!

Having tried several of the Deborah Lippmann Nail Polishes I can definitively clock them in the "praise worthy" category and the fact that they are free of toluene, formaldehyde and DBP is just like icing on the cake. Nobody likes cancer in a bottle no matter how pretty its color might be!
These nail lacquers are also the first formulas I have come across that actually contain beneficial, fortifying ingredients such as biotin, okoume and green tea. Impressive to say the least!


Deborah Lippmann is known as the manicurist to the stars and the color range names clearly reflect the fact that she is privy to the "starlet" Hollywood life. Inspired by the latest trends and the glamorous A-List celebrities her line up is anything but boring and bound to impress by both formulation and nontraditional hue combos. Most of her nail polishes are bold, audaciously in-your face kind of colors so if your personality is wallflower inspired then these are definitively not for you.
However if you want to make a statement then check out the blingy glamour on the Lippmann website

I will admit that as a Marine Biologist and a life-long Little Mermaid fan I was a little biased when it came to this particular Mermaid collection however I am sure many of you would agree that these are very uniquely beautiful shades!

The collection consists of: Do the Mermaid (limited edition), Mermaid's Eyes (limited edition)Mermaid's KissMillion Dollar Mermaid (limited edition) and my personal favorite Mermaid's Dream

Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream ($19.00 for .5 oz) is officially described as a metallic turquoise base incorporates bright blue and gold micro-glitter with blue sequins. 
Deborah Lippmann adds this on her website:
The mystery of the ocean has always intrigued me. This shade is my interpretation of life under the sea—magical, fantastical and ethereal. I love how the small flecks of glitter catch the light and appear to float off the nail.


The description of this shade is very accurate and the glittery shimmer spotlights the blue sequins beautifully and manages to pull off sophistication not usually associated with sparkly nail polishes. I was afraid that the color on the nails will just end up looking a bit juvenile for someone my age which is the only reason I hesitated to get this at first.

The sea-foam inspired green sparkles uniformly and has enough of a base color underneath that even just one coat translates into the exact shade seen in the bottle itself. Most glittery nail colors are transparent with sparkles mixed in making them ideal as toppers for an existing shade but the Mermaid Dream is opaque enough that it pulls off a clean true shade all by itself. The grittiness of the shimmer is definitively pronounced and even though I am not particularly fond of that sensation, a good clear top-coat solves that problem quite nicely.

The Deborah Lippmann nail lacquers are definitively more expensive than other salon formulas such as OPI or Butter London so justifying a purchase of this caliber for "just a nail polish" can be quite cumbersome at times. However since the shades are so unique and the formula wear is significantly strong (5 or more days!) I would highly recommend checking them out and investing in some of their fabulous collections.
This really is high fashion for your fingertips!

Have you tried the Lippmann nail polishes? Which one is your favorite?

Thank you for reading

XOXO

ANJA

3 comments:

  1. Interesting article Anja- keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle,
      Thank you so much for stopping by :-) I cant even tell you how much the encouragment means to me! I love blogging and who doesnt like being noticed :-) Compared to other blogs I am definitively behind but I am trying to get some content out there...
      I hope to see you back soon
      Happy Dance xoxo
      Anja

      Delete