Wednesday 23 October 2013

New Skincare - New Skin Hopes - New Arrivals Featuring MuLondon and Melvita


My epic and ever-growing skincare collection has welcomed a significant amount of new hopeful products in the past month or so. Some of these are re-purchases and essential in my beauty routine as is the case with the MuLondon Organic Skincare while others were impulse purchases and gifts from the people in my life that enable my cosmetic addiction quite regularly.

The fact that most of these new-additions are natural and organic in nature is no coincidence since I have been making a gallant effort to transition most of my personal care towards a cleaner ingredient direction. As a matter of fact this change has been translated in other areas of my life as well, in an effort to improve my health and lifestyle in general. There are a lot of things to consider and pay attention to during these alterations but at the end of the day this kind of diligence and determination will and already is proving to be worthwhile. The expression "no pain - no gain" often comes to mind!

The change of seasons can do a number on your skin if precautions and appropriate skincare isn't utilized (see here!), which coupled with over-reactive, sensitive skin types can cause all kinds of trouble for the complexion. Whenever my skin "freaks out" my natural impulse always points me in the new purchase direction, meaning that my haulage can sometimes get out of hand due to desperation alone. Seeing how this time I had a clear cut goal to natural skincare options I was forced to consider, research and think through the new candidates a little bit more, resulting in smarter and more appropriate selections.

My MuLondon purchase was a no brainer! I have fallen in love with the Organic White Chocolate Truffle Moisturizer ($25.00 for 2 oz) (see review here!) which needed to be re-purchased so I took advantage of that instance and invested in a few other skincare products I had been lusting over. I truly believe in Boris and his vision so its my personal goal to spread his genius and his products to anyone who cares to listen (or read!). 

As a huge fan of true rose scents I knew that I wanted to try the Organic Rose Collection which led me to order the MuLondon Organic Rose Foaming Face Cleanser ($27.00 for 5 oz) and the MuLondon Organic Rose, Rosehip & Rosemary Moisturizer ($20.00 for 1 oz). The moisturizer is made with 100% organic Rose otto oil, Rosehip Extract and Rosemary Antioxidant and the fragrance itself is true to its origin completely. You will not smell a more genuine rose scent anywhere else! Both the cleanser and the cream are recommended for dry, irritated and sensitive skin so in theory this should fit my needs perfectly. 
Boris was kind enough to include the MuLondon Organic Marigold, Frankincense & Myrrh Moisturizer ($15.00 for 1 oz) with my order but that particular jar was already confiscated by my mother. Not surprisingly she hasn't stopped raving about it ever since! 

My devotion to the Organic White Chocolate Truffle Moisturizer meant that ordering the MuLondon LE Organic White Chocolate Elbow, Knee & Heal Cream ($32.00 for 2 oz) was pretty much a given, especially since colder, drier weather is approaching and my dry skin will be in need of some major pampering and care very soon. Once again the scent has me intoxicated with its realness - there is absolutely nothing artificial about the White Chocolate fragrance! 

Melvita is yet another French organic skincare company that has been on my radar for a little while now so receiving the Melvita Foaming Facial Scrub ($27.00 for 2.5 oz) and Melvita Essential Oil - Soothing Care ($48.00 for 1 oz) as a birthday gift was especially delightful. The French are well known for their skincare (as evident on this blog) and Melvita is no exception to that statement. I have only used the products a few times so its too early to be specific about the yielded results however I can already tell that the Soothing Care Oil is a definite standout! Full reviews will follow once I have a chance to properly test them out for at least a few weeks.   

I first discovered the Organic Surge Skincare lineup through my love of various UK Beauty Blogs where their products receive huge rave reviews not just for their efficiency and ingredients but also for their reasonable prices as well. I was pretty bummed out to discover that they weren't available in Canada and that online orders were the only means of me getting my hands on their genius formulas. Imagine my surprise when I spotted the Organic Surge First Class Face Mask ($15.00 for 1.66 oz) at my local Winners - Homesense store. I snatched it up without even a second thought and seeing how masks are huge when it comes to my skincare routines I am very excited to see how Organic Surge Skincare compares to the masks I already have in my arsenal. 

I am very happy with all the additions to my overflowing skincare cabinet and for once I can say that my choices this time around were a little more calculated and useful this time around. The fact that its all more or less in the nature department makes me even happier :-)

Have you tried any of these products? What was you last skincare haul?

Thank you reading

XOXO

ANJA

No comments:

Post a Comment