Monday 2 September 2013

Review - Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Instant Bodifier Dry Shampoo


Last month I went a little crazy in the hair care department.
After posting my "simple hair routine" based on the Moroccan Oil range, something terrible got triggered and suddenly I decided that I "needed" more products to add to the regiment even though it was working perfectly.
I invested in several expensive products that had great reviews and luckily they didnt disappoint in the least. However the cheapest purchase was the one that impressed me the most. Go figure!

Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Instant Bodifier Dry Shampoo ($5.99 for 3.4 oz) was a brand new discovery for me, bought on a whim at Walmart after I noticed their huge display in the beauty department.
I had used Garnier Fructis Hair Care Products in the past but in this case I wasn't even aware that Garnier made dry shampoo and seeing how I was going to an unplanned sleepover that very night, picking it up was a perfect opportunity for testing purposes.

My usual dry shampoos of choice is Batiste ($7.99 for 6.73 oz) and Cake Beauty ($18.00 for 50g), which of course work beautifully but the Garnier version was by far superior to them.
I literally did not know what I was missing!

Official Description;
Looking for a fast way to refresh and extend your volume?
This dry shampoo, containing a blend of orange citrus and grape extract, immediately refreshes and bodifies lifeless locks, instantly creating volume you can see and feel.

Directions For Use;
Shake well before use. Hold can 6-8 inches from head and spray evenly to dry hair. Comb through to remove.

Key Ingredients;
Orange Citrus
Grape Extract 

The Garnier Fructis Hair Care Range bases all of their products on the concept of Fortified Fruit Science, which means that their formulations include fruit extracts, fruit essential oils and natural fragrances. Even though I prefer "clean" products when it comes to my cosmetic/& beauty needs I can commend Garnier for at least heading in the right direction.
I also can't exactly argue with the results and how my hair felt and looked after just one (clumsy) try!

My hair is typically Mediterranean, dark brown, thick, coarse and long so the "volume" factor of the Fructis Volume Extend Instant Bodifier Dry Shampoo really couldnt be evaluated by me but I have heard from others that its pretty impressive in that aspect as well.

Since I only use the dry shampoo occasionally and only to extend a blow-out or delay washing my hair for a day at most, my experience with the method of application is not all that extensive and I am always worried about the white residue.
Luckily this dry shampoo was extremely user-friendly and probably the easiest to brush out. After a few quick strokes my hair was left refreshed, shiny, soft and lightly fragranced. Even though I prefer sweet, gourmand-like scents when it comes to perfume I find that for hair fragrance light fruity notes work better with my body chemistry. The orange blossom scent of the Fructis Dry Shampoo is lovely and light enough so it doesnt compete or overpower the fragrance of choice for that day.

*Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Instant Bodifier Dry Shampoo Commercial


Trying the Garnier Fructis Dry Shampoo was a huge success for me and it impressed me more than some products that cost a lot more than this. It was a very pleasant reminder that the drugstore is filled with excellent budget beauty products that deliver the results they promise even at such low prices.

The whole experience has even inspired me to explore some other value options that have intrigued me for a long time now.
Saving money, new beauty products and promised results are always a great a combination!

Thank you for reading?

Have you tried the Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Instant Bodifier Dry Shampoo? 
What is your favorite dry shampoo?

XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment